TRIVIA QUESTIONS ABOUT VALLEY VIEW
1. What resident of Valley View has ancestry going back to the earliest time in Cooke county?
(This person lives within the city limits of Valley View.)
2. Who is buried in the Valley View Cemetery that is a descendant of the famed Alamo fighter, David Crockett?
3. Name someone in the Valley View Cemetery that has their name on 2 separate gravestones which are
located in different sections of the cemetery?
4. Name someone who is not buried at the location where their name is on the gravestone but in another
location of the burial plot?
5. What is the name of an early day Valley View newspaper?
6. What is the name of the first bank in Valley View?
7. What early day family name has the most descendants today in the Valley View area? (Early day means this
family settled here prior to 1900. Hint – there is few people today in Valley View with this family name but
there are many family lines that have descended from this family.)
8. What family line/name has the most descendants today in the Valley View area? (This will not be a early day
family which means this family came after 1900. Hint – there is few people today in the Valley View area with
this family name but there are many family lines that have descended from this family.)
9. Why is Captain Lee called Captain?
10. Of the 7 families who settled in this area (southern Cooke County) in 1870 having traveled from Missouri
which of these family lines have descendants that still owns property in this area?
11. What year did Valley View Schools produce their first graduating class?
12. (This question is a pet-peeve of mine.) The current Valley View school song was given to us by the Valley
View High School graduating class of 1954. This song is sang today slightly different than originally given to
us. How is it different?
13. The inscribed bricks in the Settler Area on our town square has names of families who came to our area
prior to 1900. Among these family names which family was here the earliest? (This is the same family line
to answer question #1.)
If you would like to offer a guess on any of these questions please send to: firstname.lastname@example.org